美国撤离卡塔尔和巴林暴露基地的消息存在矛盾。
Contradictory Reports Of US Evacuating Troops From Exposed Qatar, Bahrain Bases

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us-evacuates-troops-exposed-qatar-bahrain-bases-weekend-strike-coming

紧张局势正在升级,美国可能对伊朗采取军事打击的威胁迫在眉睫,尽管外交努力仍在进行。一个主要担忧是,即使是“有限”的攻击也可能引发伊朗的毁灭性反击,目标是美国在中东地区的基地,并迅速升级为全面地区战争。 伊朗的目标是迅速建立强大的威慑力量,以阻止美国推翻政权。这促使五角大楼采取预防措施,包括据报道从卡塔尔和巴林等易受攻击的基地撤离人员——但这些报告受到一些美国官员的质疑。 美国中央司令部也在战略性地将航空母舰部署到远离伊朗海岸线的位置,以最大程度地降低来自弹道导弹的风险。此外,规划者们正在为潜在的无人机蜂群攻击做准备。伊朗已正式警告联合国,它不会主动发起冲突,但如果受到攻击,将把美国基地视为“合法目标”,并将所有后果的责任归咎于美国。这些事态发展表明,五角大楼正在认真对待伊朗的威胁,并将人员安全放在首位。

相关文章

原文

We previously went through some plausible escalation scenarios in the event President Trump orders military strikes on Iran. The problem with a supposedly 'limited' attack is that Tehran's response could be devastating, targeting American military bases across the region. This would then turn into all-out war in the region.

Iran has every interest in establishing deterrence quickly, in order to get the US administration and its allies second-guessing the pursuit of full regime change, which would probably require ground forces and not just an aerial bombardment operation.

With the countdown ticking toward some level of military operations, and even as US officials claim diplomacy is still happening, it appears the Pentagon is taking drastic actions and precaution - ordering the evacuation of some 'exposed' Gulf bases. However, Fox's Pentagon correspondent has cited US officials who deny this is happening - but the officials might simply be running cover.

Al-Udaid Airbase, via X

The NY Times reports Friday that "Hundreds of troops have now been evacuated from Al Udeid base in Qatar, Pentagon officials said, and there have been evacuations at the cluster of U.S. bases in Bahrain that house the Navy’s 5th Fleet."

There could be more such evacuations or at least personnel reductions to come, as "There are also American troops at bases in Iraq, Syria, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates," the same report notes.

It must be remembered that Iran launched a "devastating and powerful" missile attack on the Al Udeid last June, in retaliation for the 12-day Israeli assault, and US bombing campaign of Iranian nuclear sites.

US military planners are concerned even by how close the two US carriers in the region get to Iran's feared ballistic missiles:

A second American military official said that U.S. Central Command is keeping two aircraft carriers deployed in the Middle East at a considerable distance from Iran, to protect them from becoming a target.

Officials also noted that it was difficult to hit an aircraft carrier traveling at speed with a ballistic missile. In addition, the carriers are escorted by destroyers, which have the ability to shoot down ballistic missiles.

There's also the possibility that Iran could send drone swarms on US locations in the event of an unprovoked attack. The last several years have seen small drones get better and more effective at evading sophisticated anti-air defenses, though these often have a more limited range.

Fox says there's contradictory reports and that the NYT Times claims are false...

Iran this week stated to the United Nations in a formal letter that the Islamic Republic "will not initiate any war" while stressing that the United States would bear "full and direct responsibility for all the unforeseen and uncontrollable consequences" resulting from an attack against it.

The letter, issued Thursday, spelled out that US bases, facilities, and assets would be Iran's "legitimate targets" if the US follows through on its threats. So it seems Pentagon decision-makers are taking this seriously, and are now likely moving at least some US personnel out of harm's way.

Loading recommendations...

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com