卢比奥宣布对国际刑事法院院长及高级律师实施制裁
Rubio Announces Sanctions Against International Criminal Court President & Top Lawyer

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/rubio-announces-sanctions-against-international-criminal-court-president-top-lawyer

国务卿马可·鲁比奥宣布对国际刑事法院(ICC)院长赤根智子和高级审判律师阿卜杜拉耶·塞耶实施新制裁。此举加剧了特朗普政府旨在瓦解国际刑事法院的激进运动,美方官员称该法院对美国国家主权构成了威胁。 特朗普政府认为,美国从未加入国际刑事法院,该法院缺乏起诉美国公民或非成员国官员的管辖权。在国际刑事法院决定对以色列官员发出逮捕令后,美国随即采取了最新制裁措施,并利用吊销签证和经济压力来削弱该机构。鲁比奥表示未来可能会采取进一步行动,并敦促其他国家撤回对该法院的支持和资金。 这些制裁措施面临重大的法律阻力。国际刑事法院的法官及多个国际人权组织已提起诉讼,称政府的行径违宪并违反了国际法。尽管面临法律挑战,特朗普政府仍致力于采取“全政府”行动来反对这一总部位于海牙的机构,并坚持绝不允许外国实体对美国国民行使权威。

相关文章

原文

Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced Tuesday new sanctions against International Criminal Court President Tomoko Akane and Senior Trial Lawyer Abdoulaye Seye as tensions flare between the court and the Trump administration.

“These individuals have directly engaged in efforts by the ICC to investigate, arrest, detain, or prosecute officials whose government has not consented to ICC jurisdiction,” his statement said.

The ICC, he added, has attempted to “assert authority over” over U.S. citizens and nationals of other nations that have not consented to the Rome Statute that set up the court.

The United States is not a party to the ICC.

“Our whole of government campaign to dismantle the threat posed by the ICC to national sovereignty will be sweeping and we expect more countries to join our campaign by ending their funding and participation in this politicized and unaccountable court,” Rubio said, suggesting that “additional measures” may be taken against the Hague, Netherlands-based body.

As Jack Phillips reports for The Epoch Times, the sanctions against Akane and Seye were issued ​under a Trump executive order last year authorizing sanctions against the court, according to Rubio.

In July, Rubio said that the Trump administration would seek to dismantle the ICC by using visa revocations, sanctions, the targeting of individuals, and diplomatic pressure on countries to withdraw from the body.

“The American people never agreed to any of this, and they never will,” Rubio said last month.

“Read the words of our Declaration of Independence. We fought a revolution against a foreign power, transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses. Independence is our birthright. We will never let foreign bureaucrats take that away from us.”

The court, which was established in 2002 to prosecute war crimes and crimes against humanity under the Rome Statute, has been adopted by more than 120 countries. Countries that do not recognize the court’s authority include the United States, China, Russia, Israel, India, Saudi Arabia, and more.

However, the ICC has argued that the Rome Statute ​gives the court power to prosecute war crimes committed on the territory of member states by nationals of non-member states.

The Trump administration imposed targeted sanctions last year on several ICC officials such as prosecutors and judges, citing the ICC’s 2024 decision to issue arrest warrants for Israeli Prime ​Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant over what the court alleged were improper actions carried out by the Israeli government during its war in Gaza.

Earlier this year, three sitting ICC judges sued Trump and his administration over the sanctions, arguing that they were unlawful.

And earlier this month, multiple human rights groups sued the administration over the sanctions, describing the actions and Trump administration order as unconstitutional.

“The plaintiffs are seeking an end to this sanctions regime, which transgresses the president’s authority and violates international and U.S. law, including the rights to freedom of expression and religion,” said lead counsel Andrew Loewenstein in a statement carried by Human Rights Watch, one of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

The ICC did not immediately respond to an Epoch Times request for comment.

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com