吉姆·阿科斯塔(Jim Acosta)在18年后离开美国有线电视新闻网(CNN):报告
Jim Acosta To Leave CNN After 18 Years: Report

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jim-acosta-leave-cnn-after-18-years-report

CNN的杰出主持人吉姆·阿科斯塔(Jim Acosta)被从他的早晨插槽中撤离后离开了网络。随着唐纳德·特朗普(Donald Trump)重返权力,CNN的首席执行官面临降低阿科斯塔(Acosta)的知名度的压力,此举是因为CNN的首席执行官面临降低Acosta的可见性。 消息人士称,阿科斯塔(Acosta)被提供了深夜的上午12点至凌晨2点,但下降了。该提议被视为企图安抚特朗普的企图,特朗普一再批评阿科斯塔。 阿科斯塔(Acosta)在特朗普(Trump)领导下的美国有线电视新闻网(CNN)的白宫通讯员任职期间臭名昭著,经常提出好斗的问题。与实习生对抗后,他短暂地剥夺了白宫的资格。 阿科斯塔(Acosta)的离开标志着CNN的战略发生了变化,因为该网络试图减少对与特朗普相关的覆盖范围的关注。


原文

Jim Acosta, CNN's heckler-in-chief during Trump's first term, is out at the network according to multiple reports, including from his former CNN colleague, Oliver Darcy.

On Monday night, Darrcy said Acosta plans to leave the network after CEO Mark Thompson removed him from his 10 a.m. slot, which came after Thompson reportedly asked Acosta to anchor a graveyard shift show from 12 a.m. to 2 a.m.

According to Darcy at Status News;

Jim Acosta is expected to exit CNN.

The anchor, I’m told, signaled to associates in private conversations over the weekend that he intends to depart the network after its chief executive, Mark Thompson, booted him from the morning programming lineup — a move that conspicuously coincided with Donald Trump’s return to power.

CNN brass, as we first reported earlier this month, decided to strip Acosta of his 10am show, which he has anchored to great ratings success over the last 11 months, at times even seeing higher viewership than programs in the channel’s prime time bloc. Acosta was instead offered the less-than-desirable option of anchoring a show from midnight until 2am ET. CNN pitched the gig to Acosta as anchoring during prime time on the West Coast and said he could move to Los Angeles to host the program. But the reality is the program would have aired at a time in which cable news viewership is at its lowest levels.

As Fox News reported several days ago, the 10 AM slot previously occupied by Acosta’s show is now being replaced with “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer and Pamela Brown," while the move to midnight was viewed as a 'sacrifice of sorts' to Acosta's longtime nemesis, President Donald Trump. While CNN has changed its scheduling several times in the last few years, this marks the first time that Acosta’s name has not been included.

"They want to get rid of Acosta to throw a bone to Trump," a source told Darcy. "Midnight is not a serious offer when his ratings are among the best on the network."

Acosta gained notoriety as CNN’s White House Correspondent during the first Trump Administration. He repeatedly asked loaded, combative questions of President Trump, with tensions peaking during a briefing where Acosta got into a brief physical confrontation with a female White House intern. Acosta’s White House press credentials were briefly revoked following the incident.

Remember when Acosta pulled this dick move?

 

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com