教育部门从教师的意识形态培训计划中削减了6亿美元
Education Department Cuts $600 Million From Ideological Training Programs For Teachers

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/education-department-cuts-600-million-ideological-training-programs-teachers

美国教育部已取消了6亿美元的教师培训计划的赠款,这些计划促进了“分裂意识形态”,例如关键种族理论,多样性,公平和包容(DEI)和社会正义行动主义。该部门列举了对可能造成系统性不平等和教育偏见的“不适当和不必要的话题”的担忧。一些计划包括基于种族的教师招聘策略以及有关种族偏见和公平的讲习班。 这一决定与拜登政府为减少联邦政府的DEI倡议的持续努力保持一致。政府效率部和拜登总统已采取措施拆除DEI计划,认为他们违反了联邦非歧视法律并破坏了美国价值观。教育部门强调,根据种族对待学生的治疗不同是非法的,可能导致资金损失。


原文

 Authored by Bill Pan via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

The U.S. Education Department on Monday said it has canceled $600 million in grants for educator training programs that promote “divisive ideologies.”

Unused desks sit in an empty elementary school classroom at Hazelwood Elementary School in Louisville, Ky., on Jan. 11, 2022. Jon Cherry/Getty Images

The grants had been awarded to teacher preparation programs that trained future educators in what the department said were “inappropriate and unnecessary topics,” such as critical race theory, which promotes the fundamental framework view that racism is embedded in all institutions and aspects of society; diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); and social justice activism. Some of the defunded programs also included race-based teacher recruitment and staffing strategies, according to the department.

The department provided examples of the defunded training programs, including those that required educators to acknowledge “systemic inequities” like racism and “critically reassess” their own teaching practices. Others offered professional development workshops on “Building Cultural Competence,” “Dismantling Racial Bias,” and “Centering Equity in the Classroom.”

Some initiatives guided teachers to “interrupt racial marginalization and oppression of students.” There were also programs promoting an “abolitionist pedagogy” which, according to Bettina L. Love, the professor who coined the term, applies a “critical race lens” to classrooms and encourages teachers to organize marches and boycotts against their colleagues perceived as “racist, homophobic, or Islamophobic.”

The decision to cut these grants aligns with the broader cost-cutting measures led by the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), an advisory body led by Elon Musk, and with President Donald Trump’s ongoing efforts to dismantle DEI initiatives across the federal government.

Trump on Jan. 21 signed an executive order directing government educational institutions to end all DEI efforts.

Illegal DEI and DEIA policies not only violate the text and spirit of our longstanding Federal civil-rights laws, they also undermine our national unity, as they deny, discredit, and undermine the traditional American values of hard work, excellence, and individual achievement in favor of an unlawful, corrosive, and pernicious identity-based spoils system,” the order read. “The Federal Government is charged with enforcing our civil-rights laws. The purpose of this order is to ensure that it does so by ending illegal preferences and discrimination.”

A study by Parents Defending Education, an independent organization that rallies against ideological indoctrinations in K-12 schools, found that since 2021, the Education Department has spent at least $1 billion on various DEI-related initiatives. That includes approximately $490 million on DEI hiring efforts, $343 million on DEI programming, and $170 million on DEI-related mental health programs.

Over the weekend, the Education Department reaffirmed its stance that DEI initiatives conflict with federal non-discrimination laws. Its civil rights enforcement division warned that failure to ensure compliance could result in a loss of federal funding.

The law is clear: treating students differently on the basis of race to achieve nebulous goals such as diversity, racial balancing, social justice, or equity is illegal under controlling Supreme Court precedent,” Craig Trainor, acting assistant secretary for civil rights, wrote in a letter sent to the education departments in all 50 states.

While emphasizing the obligations under Title VI, the federal law prohibiting discrimination based on race for institutions that receive federal dollars, the letter also referenced the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2023 decision, which found it unconstitutional for public and private colleges to use racial preferences in admissions.

“At its core, the test is simple: If an educational institution treats a person of one race differently than it treats another person because of that person’s race, the educational institution violates the law,” the letter said.

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com