以色列裔美国人等六名人质在加沙隧道中被发现死亡
Israeli-American Among Six More Hostages Found Dead In Gaza Tunnel

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/israeli-american-among-six-more-hostages-found-dead-gaza-tunnel

以色列宣布发现10月7日在加沙被俘的六名人质遗骸。 受害者年龄在 23 岁至 40 岁之间,包括拥有双重以色列裔美国国籍的赫什·戈德堡-波林 (Hersh Goldberg-Polin)、艾登·耶鲁沙米 (Eden Yerushalmi)、奥里·达尼诺 (Ori Danino)、亚历山大·洛巴诺夫 (Alexander Lobanov)、卡梅尔·盖特 (Carmel Gat) 和阿尔莫格·萨鲁西 (Almog Sarusi)。 以色列国防军(IDF)连夜对拉法进行了一次突袭,发现埋在隧道中的尸体。 以色列国防军发言人、海军少将丹尼尔·哈加里表示,人质在以色列国防军抵达前不久被哈马斯武装分子杀害。 前一名幸存者法尔汉·卡迪 (Farhan al-Qadi) 被藏在各个隧道中,上周获救。 最近的发现使返回的俘虏总数达到十二人,他们在不到两周的时间内因哈马斯的暴力而丧生。 受害者家属感到悲痛,并批评总理本杰明·内塔尼亚胡将军事行动置于达成和平协议之上。 尽管受到批评,内塔尼亚胡仍然坚持认为,与劫持人质者进行谈判会破坏实现和平解决问题的努力。 特拉维夫和耶路撒冷的抗议活动继续增加。

相关文章

原文

There's outrage, frustration, and sadness in Israel as the bodes of six hostages who were kidnapped on October 7 have been recovered by Israel's military (IDF) in Gaza.

The overnight operation took place in the southern city of Rafah, the IDF said Sunday. The deceased have been identified as Hersh Goldberg-Polin, 23, Eden Yerushalmi, 24, Ori Danino, 25, Alex Lubnov, 32, Carmel Gat, 40, and Almog Sarusi, 27. Hersh Goldberg-Polin was an Israeli-American.

IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari described that the deceased hostages were "brutally murdered" shortly before IDF troops arrived to the location. He said this may have happed in as little as one to two days before the army got there.

From top left, Hersh Goldberg-Polin, Ori Danino, Eden Yerushalmi, from bottom left, Almog Sarusi, Alexander Lobanov, and Carmel Gat. via AP

It was part of another daring tunnel operation. "According to an initial assessment… they were brutally murdered by Hamas terrorists a short while before we reached them. They were abducted alive on the morning of October 7 by the Hamas terror group,” Hagari told a press briefing.

"Their bodies were found during the fighting in Rafah, in a tunnel, about a kilometer away from the tunnel from which we rescued Farhan al-Qadi a few days ago," he said.

Farhan's rescue was a rare bright spot in otherwise grim news concerning the over one hundred hostages believed still in Hamas captivity

His captors moved him from tunnel to tunnel, never staying in one place very long. Then on Tuesday, hearing Israeli soldiers approaching, Al-Qadi’s guards suddenly fled, leaving him alone in a tunnel and frightened the troops might mistake him for a militant. 

"Don’t shoot! I’m Farhan," he called out. Answering back through a megaphone, the soldiers held their fire and satisfied themselves they weren’t walking into an ambush.

Hagari said of this newest recovery of the six bodes, "Since Farhan was found, troops were given an emphasis on operating carefully even more than usual, because of the understanding that additional hostages may be in the area." He added: "We did not have information on the exact location of the hostages."

The hostages were found 20 meter underground by Saturday afternoon, and were extracted from the tunnel overnight and later positively identified back in Israel. Hagari further indicated they did not die as a result of a firefight with Hamas in the tunnel.

President Joe Biden expressed that he is "devastated and outraged" over the killings, particularly dual Israeli-US citizen Goldberg-Polin. "I have worked tirelessly to bring their beloved Hersh safely to them and am heartbroken by the news of his death," Biden said.

TOI/Flash90: Protesters at a rally calling for the release of hostages outside the Kirya military headquarters in Tel Aviv, August 31, 2024.

"It is as tragic as it is reprehensible. Make no mistake, Hamas leaders will pay for these crimes. And we will keep working around the clock for a deal to secure the release of the remaining hostages," he said.

It was only on August 20 that six prior deceased hostages had been recovered, bringing the number of dead captives to 12 returned by Israel's military in under two weeks. Victims' families are outraged at Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is widely accused of prioritizing the military operation to eradicate Hamas over reaching a deal. Protests are only likely to grow in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

But Netanyahu on Sunday asserted in the midst of growing criticism against his government: "Whoever murders hostages - does not want a deal," he said.

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com