由于帮派暴力导致主要集装箱码头关闭,马士基停止所有飞往海地的预订
Maersk Halts All Bookings To Haiti As Gang Violence Shuts Down Major Container Terminal

原始链接: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/maersk-halts-all-bookings-haiti-gang-violence-shuts-down-major-container-terminal

由于持续的社会动荡和海地主要集装箱港口的混乱,马士基已暂停所有往返海地的新预订。 武装团伙封锁了通往港口的陆路通道,船只成为枪击目标,阻碍了停靠和卸货。 暴力事件升级,造成 3,600 多人死亡,70 万人流离失所。 海地过渡委员会主席呼吁国际社会提供援助,以解决人道主义危机并恢复稳定。 与此同时,由于担心潜在的劳动力贩运计划,拜登-哈里斯政府一直在将海地人运送到美国的小镇。 海地局势和移民涌入美国凸显了西方在解决人道主义危机和管理移民方面面临的复杂性。

相关文章

原文

Maersk, one of the world's largest container shipping lines, notified clients on Thursday that "recent social unrest in Haiti" has sparked disruptions at a key port in the failed Caribbean nation, prompting the shipper to suspend all new bookings immediately. 

"In the wake of the recent social unrest in Haiti, which is preventing normal operations at the terminal, it has been decided, effective immediately, to stop any new bookings from and to Haiti to prevent the accumulation of boxes at the transshipment terminals," Maersk said. 

One day earlier, Reuters reported land access to the main container terminal in Port-au-Prince, called Caribbean Port Services, a privately owned and operated company that handles the majority of the container volume in the country, was closed off due to a surge in attacks by armed gangs. 

"CPS will shut its barriers to all types of land-based traffic from Sept. 26 to Sept. 29," CPS wrote in a statement, indicating this time will allow the military troops and national police to secure the terminal.

This is insane. More from Reuters...

A shipping official told Reuters this week that ships were being shot at, preventing them from docking and unloading containers, while authorities have reported the kidnapping of two Filipino crew members from a cargo vessel in the port.

Senseless gang violence has led to the deaths of 3,661 people in the collapsed Caribbean nation in the first half of the year. 

"This situation is not just a humanitarian emergency but it is a threat to the stability of our nation," Haiti's transition council president Edgard Leblanc Fils told the UN General Assembly in New York on Thursday, adding, "It's never too late to act."

The number of people internally displaced by gang violence has jumped to more than 700,000, while 1.6 million face food and housing insecurities. 

Earlier this year, Haiti's main container port and international airport were shut down for three months following an eruption in violence. The chaos included a massive jailbreak, allowing thousands of prisoners to escape.

Meanwhile, the Biden-Harris administration has been flooding small town USA with Haitians, as seen in Springfield, Ohio, and Charleroi, Pennsylvania. There are reports some of these Haitians are being trafficked domestically in labor mule schemes by staffing companies. 

What a mess the West is in. 

联系我们 contact @ memedata.com